Our top picks for the best diet programs in 2013!
Looking for the best diet program to meet your weight loss goals? Look no further, because at Trim Up Slim Down, we’ve compiled a list of the best programs available, as well as the advantages and disadvantages of each. Whether you’ve got 10 or 100 pounds to lose, if you just need a boost or need to completely revamp your eating habits, there’s a plan to help you succeed.
Make 2013 the year you succeed!
Year after year, we promise ourselves that this is the year we’ll lose weight, gain confidence, become healthy, and finally feel good and look the way we want. It’s hard work, though, and Americans are busy, stressed-out individuals. We lead lifestyles that make it hard to incorporate healthy eating into our daily routine.
Take time now to commit yourself to your goals! Your dreams won’t come true without hard work, but we promise it will be worth it.
All of our top recommended diet plans involve helping you learn to eat right for the rest of your life, not just to lose a few pounds. The goal here is to make your life one that’s entirely worth living.
Our Favorite Diet Plans for 2013
Diet #1 – South Beach Diet
The South Beach diet is one of the most affordable plans. It doesn’t required food purchases, and although they have a great online system, you can do it with just a book (or some hefty internet research). The South Beach Diet focuses on healthy eating plans in phases, with the initial phase designed to get your body out of carb-addiction mode. From there, you’ll move to Phase 2 for continued weight loss, and after you reach your goals, you’ll continue to live by the maintenance Phase 3.
The South Beach Diet is great for people:
- who have a lot of weight to lose
- who are diabetic or have been warned by their doctor about the likelihood of developing diabetes
- are willing to learn what makes up healthy eating habits
- with any diet budget, as South Beach doesn’t necessarily require a large monetary commitment
Diet #2 – Weight Watchers
Weight Watchers is a classic diet plan, with local meetings or online support groups to suit your preference. Participants learn how to develop healthy meals, including a variety of foods. If you like to dine out a lot, Weight Watchers has the added benefit of having partnered with a number of restaurants that offer Weight Watchers-endorsed meals with published point values.
Weight Watchers is perfect for dieters:
- with a little or lot of weight to lose
- who want to prepare their own meals or like to dine out at national chain restaurants
- who are willing to count “points”, a system specific to Weight Watchers
- who like the community aspect of meetings (although they are optional)
- with a medium-level budget to commit to a diet program
Diet #3 – Nutrisystem
Nutrisystem is the easiest diet plan to follow, because it comes with pre-packaged meals that are delivered to your home. If you’re looking for convenience, Nutrisystem is hands down the best choice.
Nutrisystem is good for people:
- who don’t want to learn how to prepare healthy meals, at least right at the start
- who don’t want to count points or calories
- who want the convenience of pre-packaged meals that fit the diet plan
- who have a large enough budget to cover not just the diet plan but the plan’s special food, too
Note that you WILL need to learn how to eat healthily in order to maintain your weight after you stop using Nutrisystem’s pre-packaged meals.